Billboard Korea - with Brave Brother (April 10, 2021)




Translation : English
BG: How did you feel about Viditor's "Rollin" videoclip? How many times did you watch it?
BB: Thrilled I was. I've watched that clip about hundreds of times, but not from the beginning to the end. I just kept refreshing it and was excited to find the view counts soaring. Scored one million, in a sec, 50 thousand more, soon, two million.
BG: You were happy to see how fast it was going up~
BB: Right, I felt that something was gonna be happening. 
BG: So, did you expect Viditor's video get us this much support?
BB: I actually did. 
BG: Really?
BB: The view counts went up so fast. And it occured to me that people can finally appreciate BG's charm now. Then, in a couple of days, I was like, "Yes, something's happening."
BG: Was there any impressive comment to you?
BB: I know I'm old-fashioned, so those touching comments come into my eyes first. But, the Viditor's "Rollin" clip didn't have any of those. Instead, I found so many hilarious comments. The most fun comment I found was "Play Rollin when airing propaganda program to the North Korea. And North Koreans will defect to South Korea. 
BG: You made us do so many morale-boosting concerts in the military. Did you have some kind of long term plan?
BB: Honestly, I didn't. The more stages you guys have done, the more cheers you received from soldiers. It was a totally different level of yells. We both know sometimes we bore the expenses on the travel, hairdo, make-up ourselves. But, you looked so happy. So I made you keep doing military concerts. To tell you the truth, it was me that felt happy to see those acclamation. 
BG: Was there anything you've done for BG when BG was going nowhere? 
BB: Plenty. There is a smoking zone where managers wait for TV directors. They already knew who I was, but I have waited for them with other managers so many times. (It was managers' job. He is not manager, but CEO.) It was extremely competitive to be on the music show. I believed BGs were good enough, but seldom got the chance to be on those stages because of low popularity. That hurt my pride. (He is a top music producer in Korea.) I even cried sometimes. A director might have appreciated that. "Is top music producer waiting for TV show directors with managers?" He gave us big favors in the performance order. For a while, I had been confused about my job because I often distributed beverages around broadcasting stations. Am I a manager or a music producer? By then, my daily routine was like get up at 6 a.m, go to the station, wait for the directors, and arrange meetings with them. If they didn't want to see me, I asked someone else to help me for lunch with directors. I've done it for some time. It was tough, but now I think it was a good thing to do. 
BG: In fact, we were supposed to see each other on Wed for the discussion of splitting up. Then, on Tuesday, the Viditor's clip was on. Without all those things that happened to us, what would you have told us in the meeting on Wed?
BB: First, it must've been very awkward seeing you like that. Now, I think we were very lucky that we did not hold the meeting on that day. Don't you think so?
BG: Right! 
BB: Actually, I dared not say anything and I wondered what you guys would say to me. Then, the great day arrived. 
BG: It was very fortunate that you avoided us!
BG: Rollin's cover image has been changed this time. What do you say to that?
BB: I've heard, "Turn that thing to cool image, please!" So, I really gave it a change. But, it was weekend, so we had to wait until Monday. For those two days, I've been in trouble. 
BG: Funny thing is Monday was also holiday!
BB: Yes! So, the cover image got changed on Tuesday!
BG: Do you have any regret now about producing BG 4 years ago, such as concept images, costumes, or stage props?
BB: Nothing to regret. I never regret. Regrets are things you do when things aren't going well. But, look at us now! We're doing great! So, I'd like to say, "now's our time." I assumed that BGs should be more unique and shocking to draw the attention first! Then, people would love you guys once they listened to your songs. I admit it was misjudgment! But, I thought we had to do anything we could. But, I promise, I wouldn't repeat that mistake from now on. 
BG: People love ray dance, now. 
BB: That's exactly what I'd been hooked up with at that time. I believe artists and producers should be the ones leading pop culture, not simply following the fad. So, I thought my job was make people love you with good songs and concept images. This time I tried to reflect the voices of fans and you guys, so it's gonna be good. I would never repeat the same mistake!
BG: What was your plan when you produced BG?
BB: Yeah, I firmly believed in your talents. MY, you remember what I told you, you had a really nice voice. YJ, you were so pretty and charmig. I definitely saw it! YN and EJ, too. So, you all had great talents and your own attractions. I wanted you to be like a girl group naturally appealing to people. 
BG: Do you have another song you expect to surge up the charts?
BB: Like Rollin? It's "We ride."
BG: You've been in K-pop business for a long time. Can you share with us your preference or perspective on K-pop?
BB: It's all about popularity. Recently, we've got many Girl-crush songs, complicated songs, and many pop songs of international artists. But, I think the songs Koreans love and enjoy most are K-pop style music. 
BG: We've been through many things so far, which we already talked about in other shows. Then, what about you? 
BB: Oh, it's gonna be a documentary. There's a lot to say about my hardship, and too short to talk about it overnight. One of the most things that have bothered me was... other girl groups were successful thanks to nice producers... BG was not one of them. I started to feel that I'm a joke to other managers and producers who had been consoling me. It was mortifying. I thought I had many great ideas to try, but why is BG not successful.. Now you are in success. (To those) Come and look what we did!
BG: Cars will make you arrive at your destination easy and fast, which is good. But I think it is also worth being around other places and look around many things like flowers and paintings. We get some fresh air and feel many other things that would be missed otherwise. So, I feel it was more worthwhile to have those experiences, and I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you very very much. 
BB: It's me that should be thankful! Thank y'all! Speaking of which, I think good days are bound to come for everyone. (To those watching this, again) See?
What's the next goal?
BB: It's Billboard, absolutely! We are here for that! (This is Billboard interview) BGs are so passionate about music. And they have good ears, too. They must be greater!
BG: Frankly speaking, we felt some disappointment to BB while we were on a long break. But, today, this interview let us know what he and other staffs had done for us. I feel thankful, and we will do our best with BB to be more energetic!  
BG and BB: (To those watching) SEE?

 

댓글 쓰기

0 댓글